Mace Foods is a private limited company as incorporated in Kenya in January 2002. The funding shareholders want to balance commercial (profitability) objectives with a development contribution to the country.
Mace Foods is Fair Trade certified (WFTO) and since inception follows a clear Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy, in particular gender issues.
The headquarters with factory and offices is based in Eldoret, Rift Valley, Kenya at the equator.
Mace Foods Europe Ltd. based in Wuppertal, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany is the sales and marketing unit to ensure a closer relationship to the European customers.
Mace foods in figures
- 1,600 contract small-scale farmers in Western Kenya and around Lake Victoria
- Expansion of own land production to 200 hectares in 2013
- Main markets: Germany, Italy, UK, Netherlands und USA
- 16 employees, thereof agronomist and food technologists
- Up to 75 factory workers in the peak harvest period
- Continuous production over the whole year with two peaks
We support female farmers
On the field with farmers
Field office in Bondo (Lake Victoria)
Gender is for us an issue
uses packaging material as requested by the European food industry, usually polyethylene sacks or, on request, paper bags with aluminium foil lining. Bag weight: 25 kg
normally ships full 20 feet containers by train or lorry from Eldoret to the harbour of Mombasa and further by sea to Europe.
A 20 feet container has a capacity of 7.250 kg bird's eye chillies or 13.000 kg chilli powder.
Shipment time from Eldoret to a European harbour is 6 to 8 weeks depending upon the final destination.